- Members cannot enter competitions unless they have paid their annual subscription.
- Printed and PDI Images must be submitted to the competition secretary as outlined in the programme, normally by the preceding meeting 2 weeks before the competition.
- Images must have originated as a photograph taken by the entrant. Whilst third party printing is allowed, any manipulation of images must be the work of the author and no clip art or parts of library images may be used.
- An image that has previously been placed (1st. 2nd or 3rd at the judge's discretion) in one of our club competitions may not be entered for a second time in any category (print or digital) in another of our club competitions. However, a placed image can be re-entered in an inter-club battle or any external club competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the programme, members may enter up to two images per competition. Battles with other clubs have different criteria which will be announced separately.
- The competition secretary will provide the competition judge with the guidelines for the relevant competition and the competition title. The judge will be asked to award marks out of 20 for each image entered.
- Must be within the maximum of 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels high, in jpg format at maximum quality using sRGB colour space.
- Digital images must use the following file naming format:
[Image Title]_[Membership Number].jpg (note the underscore ‘_’ and NOT hyphen ‘-’)
e.g. Balloon_06.jpg (If your Membership number is between 1 and 9 enter it with a preceding zero i.e. for Membership number 6 enter it as 06)
- Prints can be any size but MUST be presented on 50cm x 40cm mounting board and should be backed - mountboards will be available at reduced prices from the club. Use of drafting tape, sellotape etc is discouraged as this can become 'unstuck' and damage other prints in the box.
- Prints should have the author's Membership Number, a title, and the word 'Top' (if required), to denote orientation.
Points awarded for entries in Club Competitions are as follows :-
The judge(s) will award a number of points per image entered. Each image will be awarded points from a maximum of 20